Eheim Substrat Pro 250mL - 180g Biological Filter Media
EHEIM Substrat Pro 250mL - Biological Filter Media
Optimised bio-filter medium with perfect volume usage, long intervals between cleaning and top decomposition performance.
SUBSTRATpro consists of pearl-shaped sintered glass. The spherical shape gives a high bulk density. Thus the whole of the volume in the filter (filter baskets or modules) can be utilised. Also, the optimum surface of the beads provides intensive colonisation of the important purification bacteria.
Due to the high number of bacteria, peak nitrite loads are more easily reduced and the maintenance intervals of the filter material are longer.
- Optimised bio-filter medium made from sintered glass
- High bulk density due to spherical shape (beads)
- Very dense colonisation of bacteria
- Longer intervals between cleaning
- Better reduction of nitrite loads
- Reusable (rinse carefully to clean)
- Suitable for fresh and marine water
Aquarium Kingdom Tips
When cleaning your filter always use water from the aquarium, not tap water. Never clean or change all the filter media together in one operation (and never clean too rigorously). The bacteria cultures must not be completely destroyed, otherwise re-colonisation will be disrupted.
- 1 x Eheim Substrat Pro 250mL
- Weighs approximately 180g