What Is An Aquarium Thermometer?
An aquarium thermometer is a device that measures the temperature of the water. To help you find the best aquarium thermometer for your needs, we’ve outlined some common types below.
Stick-On Thermometer (LCD)
- Most popular type. Our best-selling model is the Aqua One External Digital Thermometer.
- Also known as external digital sticker thermometers because of their LCD (Liquid Crystal Display).
- Stick the digital aquarium thermometer on the outside glass of the aquarium. The LCD will change colour to indicate the temperature of the water.
Glass Aquarium Thermometer
- Floating glass aquarium thermometers are placed inside the aquarium.
- They come with a suction cup to attach to the glass so the temperature can easily be monitored.
- Fish tank glass thermometers come in a variety of sizes to suit your aquarium.
- A popular choice for nano tanks is the Aqua One Mini Glass Thermometer.
Digital Electronic Thermometer
- Usually have a separate probe connected to a digital display that sits outside the aquarium.
- If you want to avoid the mess of cables, try a wireless option like the Fluval 2-in-1 Wireless Digital Aquarium Thermometer.
Do You Need An Aquarium Thermometer?
We always recommend you buy an aquarium thermometer to monitor the temperature of your aquarium. Whether you keep fish or have a planted aquarium, it is always best practice to keep an eye on your water temperature. They are also useful to help identify if your aquarium heater is working correctly or malfunctioning.
Fish or aquatic plants have an optimal range in which they’ll thrive. Having a thermometer is an important tool to help you maintain a stable water temperature.
Where Do You Place An Aquarium Thermometer?
Where you place your aquarium thermometer is up to you. It’s a personal preference but will also depend on your tank setup. Some people like to place them at the front, some people prefer their fish tank thermometers on the side of their tanks. Wherever you place it, make sure it’s somewhere that makes it easy for you to monitor the temperature of your water.
How Accurate Are Stick-On Thermometers?
In our experience, stick-on thermometers are reasonably accurate. If you are looking for an aquarium thermometer with the best accuracy though, we recommend getting a digital electronic thermometer with a probe like the Aqua One ST3 Electronic Thermometer.
Buy Aquarium Thermometers - Aquarium Kingdom
Looking to buy an aquarium thermometer? We’ve got you covered. Whether you’re after a glass aquarium thermometer, a digital sticker thermometer, or an electronic one, have a browse through our range at Aquarium Kingdom.