Seachem Matrix 1L - 1 Litre Loose/Repacked - No Retail Packaging
Seachem Matrix 1L - Loose Bulk Buy
Buy in bulk and save!
Why Buy Loose?
- We buy our Seachem Matrix in bulk so we can pass on the savings to you.
- Same product, only without the retail packaging.
What is Matrix?
Matrix™ is a high porosity biomedia that provides efficient biofiltration for the removal of nitrogenous waste. Matrix™ is a porous inorganic solid about 10 mm in diameter. Each liter of Matrix™ provides as much surface (>~700 m2) as 170 liters of plastic balls! Plastic bio-materials provide only external surface area, whereas Matrix™ provides both external and internal macroporous surface area. These macropores are ideally sized for the support of nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria. This allows Matrix™, unlike other forms of biomedia, to remove nitrate along with ammonia and nitrite, simultaneously and in the same filter.
Matrix™ is completely inert and will not breakdown. It need not be replaced. Since the majority of the bacteria are internal, Matrix™ may be rinsed when needed without damaging the filter. Matrix™ is compatible with all types of wet or wet-dry filters.
- High capacity biofiltration.
- Controls ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- Highly porous - enormous surface area (>~700 m2/L).
- Supports aerobic and anaerobic bacteria species.
- Great for upgrading your old filter media.
- Easy to clean.
- Can be used in multiple types of filters like canister filters, top filters, sump filters.
- Highly porous media with a large surface area perfect for colonising nitrifying bacteria.
- Use 250 mL of Matrix for each 200L of water.
- Matrix may be placed in any kind of filter. It is particularly effective in canister filters.
- Matrix is sufficiently large that no filter bag should be required for most applications.
- Matrix works well in drip tray systems, but you may find the larger Pond Matrix is better suited for such applications.
- 1 x Seachem Matrix 1L.
- No retail packaging - will be packed in a ziplock bag.
- As Seachem Matrix is very porous, 1L of matrix weighs less than 1kg.
- Example: 1 quantity = 1L in one bag, 5 quantity = 5L in one bag).